Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wood she or wood'ent she?

Soooo who wants to come over for a bit of lumberjack work?
Yep, I gotta stack all of that.....

.....in there.

But it is worth it, as it creates a warm house that invites a bit of this.
'this' being - so warm and sleepy it makes your head floppy.

Did you think I'd forgotten that this little blog is about crafting. I surely hope not because some of it does happen here. Sometimes.
I bought some pre-cut hex papers from lovely this lady. Before I start on those I am cutting out a heap more petals for the flower blocks.

I've also basted the purple wonder. I have bruises on my knees to prove it. I just didn't think you'd need to see the knobby knees. The really are quite knobular!

An update on the new money receptacle...I counted it up and it came to $175.00!
Not bad at all. So people (sew people?), start throwing your spare change into something, somewhere and don't touch it till you need it.
I'm putting this lot in my high interest account. That's going to be a whole lot of American flavoured FQ's or a ticket to Disneyland.
Woohoo!

Abs x

5 comments:

  1. I'm guessing after all that wood stacking all you will want to do is whip off your bra and lie on the couch, giggle. Love my hexies thankyou xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL @ Julie's comment! I'd show you our wood piles but I'm afraid you'd faint. Wood heat is wonderful in the winter though. Congrats on getting the purple wonder basted! Is it quilted yet? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I also had to laugh at Julie's comment.

    Well I bet you did.

    I am lucky to be able to take my quilts to our club rooms to baste. Not good crawling around on the hard floor.Not only hurts the knees not good for the back either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Abbe, thanks for finding my bag the other night...I hope you weren't too disappointed at the lack of cash inside!! When are you off the the US? If you are going to the East Coast, Pennsylvania is Amish quilting HQ. I'm a bit afraid about how much you will buy over there..you will need supervision from someone like me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing like a pile of wood to make you feel good. It'll heat you twice, once when you stack it and once when you burn it! I bet it doesn't take as long as you think it will to do the stacking, I have much experience of this :o).

    ReplyDelete