Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Crazy little thing called LOVE

Just to prove that I do actually do some patchwork from time to time, I thought I'd show some pics of the auspicious first commissioned piece.
Most of the material is cut out and after some pondering I've decided to go with the Disappearing Nine Patch (DNP) as suggested by my dear friend Sue at Quilt Times.

Talking about that lovely lady at Quilt Times....
Look at what she sent to me!!!!She'd told me expect something in the post and but I was blown away to receive not only some choccy (after a big call made by me that Aussie Cadbury's is better than the UK version), a wonderful chook, an English quilt mag with some 'real' tea to have a proper cuppa to go with it AND a stunning table runner. It's absolutely beautiful. I'm so flattered that my new friend Sue Poos (my name for her) went to so (or should that say, sew) much trouble for little old me.
She's a darling and becoming a true friend and just goes to show that quilting and blogging crosses age and continent divides with ease.

What a lucky girl I am.
Hope to see some of you at the Daylesford Makers Market on Sat. Julie has had a great idea to wear a pink Suffolk Puff to help ID us bloggers. I have to get making or I'll be left wandering around as an UFB (Un-Identifiable Blogger).

Happy sewing,
Abbe xx :0)

4 comments:

  1. The DNP's are looking good.

    Glad you got the package OK and liked the contents.

    As you say, the internet successfully crosses ages and oceans.

    I'm looking forward to a photo of you dressed in your pink Suffolk Puff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky girl you are Abbe. All those lovely gifts and the table runner is gorgeous.

    Yes I love to make the Disappearing Nine Patch. Nice quick quilt. Made a few for the bushfire surviors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your commissioned quilt...those colors look so nice together

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still yet to try a disappearing nine patch. Lovely gifts.
    See you in the pink!

    ReplyDelete