Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Swapsies!

I've been playing in the land of swap.
I had to send out my fabric for the 1st Wednesday Block Swap. I decided on a whole lot of brights to make these Wonky Squares. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes back my way.


I made a few cross blocks for Louise as part of the Around The Block swap. 

 Then I had to choose a block with a star that also had a look of movement. It puzzled me a bit but then I found this block called Star Lane. I tweaked it so it fit the fabulous fabric I had to play with and this is what I came up with. I must say I loved the red, white and blue combination. If I have a boy..................
But then I worked on some gorgeous pink, green and yellow fabrics and I thought, if I have a girl.........



And that is why surprises are good!

This is the lucky last block completed for the Around the Block swap. Phew!!! That's a lot of swapsies in a few days. It's nice to know I won't be holding anyone up while I am bunkered down with Mini CP.

And now it's time for a cuppa and a rest on the couch....
Ab x

8 comments:

  1. How good are you! They all look fantastic and I can't wait to see my butterflies. I hope you are felling good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well You have been Busy...all your Blocks are Gorgeous...
    Hope you had that Rest...
    are we counting down Yet!
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! What a great bunch of swap blocks you've made Abby. Love them all so can't even pick a favourite.

    Good idea to rest now. Not Long to go !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy. Lots of great blocks there.

    Enjoy your spare time now - it's likely to be in short supply soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely!! Check out the belly you must be sewing over, very excited for you Abby, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wonky square block! And those butterflies are so pretty! You've done well to get all that done! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been so busy!! Well done! Love the crosses - can't wait to get them.

    ReplyDelete