Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cobblestone Block Tutorial

This is the tutorial of the Cobblestone Block. The response to my request in my last post is overwhelming. I really appreciate you all for jumping at the chance to help me cheer up and support my friend. The blogging community has once again shown me that there are some amazing, inspirational and geuniely friendly people out there. Thank you.

This block is quite simple to create. Use 100% cotton fabric and a co-ordinating thread.
Could all fabrics used please be predominantly purple - lavender, mauve, lilac and all of the purpley colours in between would be great.

1. Cut a 5 1/2  inch square for your centre.

2. Cut two strips 5 1/2 inches long and 3 inches wide.

3. Cut two strips 10 1/2 inches long and 3 inches wide.





4. Sew the two shorter strips to opposite sides of your 5.5 inch square and then press the seams in opposite directions.
6. Sew both longer strips onto your block and press the seams.
The block should measure 10 1/2 inches. 

Voila!
Two blocks are finished so far.


Thank you again for your assistance.
I am aiming to have the quilt finished within a short space of time so please let me know when your blocks are done and on their way to me.

Happy sewing and muchy patchy, quilty love,
Abbe x

3 comments:

  1. I've just cut out some blocks and am about to stitch them up. I have to go to the Post Office tomorrow, so will post these to you then. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have too Abbe. So your blocks will start arriving soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you said purples...does it matter what shade or color

    ReplyDelete