Sunday, April 20, 2014

When you ail, knit.

Last weekend I came down with a yucky cold. I haven't felt that awful for a long time.
I figured some quiet knitting time would heal me.
Turns out it was a good decision as I got worse and spent two days in bed.
Bendigo Woollen Mills 'Luxury' in Ruby
Look! I've made a very cropped sleeveless cardy which will eventually (hopefully not too far away) become a long, long-sleeved cardy.
I'm making Harvest by Tin Can Knits and I'm loving it.
There was a fair bit of frustration until I got the hang on the raglan increases but considering a week and a half ago I didn't really know what a raglan increase was....I'm stoked.

My arms were getting a little tired as the Harvest cardy is getting a little heavy so I decided to give up on my 'one project at a time' (foolish) dream.
Yarn: Bendigo Woollen Mills 'Stellar' Wool/Bamboo
This is a non mystery knit along (KAL), designed by Georgie Hallam of tikki knits.
I awaiting the next 'clue' so I thought I'd cast on another in the meantime. There's a few babies to be born at the end of winter and I feel like small knits allow me to get a feel of what I like to do/knit while getting a handmade gift at the same time. 
Bendigo Woollen Mills 'Cameo' - Discontinued Wool/Angora
BWM - Luxury...seeing a theme here?
I haven't done too much more crochet, I guess my hands have been busy.
I think he likes his blanket already.
BWM 100% Cotton
Harvey's hasn't got much bigger yet either. Definitely a slow burn project.

One should always have a helper when you are trying to take blog pics.
Foxy Baby Mills - in Lachy
Because it's so helpful when they pull the computer cord out, tug the crochet off the table, try and unzip the craft bag....Lucky he's cute!

Wishing you all a Happy Easter and that no matter what you celebrate, you have some chocolate!!

Abbe







3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've been under the weather. Hopefully you're recovered now though. Still it does look as though you've been spending your time well. I love the colour of your cardigan. Good job you've got a little helper like that though, however would you manage otherwise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abs, hope you are feeling better soon. You are amazing with your crafts, nothing is impossible for you to do. I love the colour of the cardy you are knitting, it is lovely and will be fantastic with the cold weather coming up. I wouldn't worry about the progress of your crochet, that is one thing that you can add onto for years Looks like your wee man is looking more and more like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your knitting looks fantastic. I have yet to cast on the non mystery KAL, although I could as my neighbour had a baby girl 3 days ago. It would be perfect for her. I love the crochet cotton blanket too, gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete